Monday, October 09, 2006

The Fear of Thinking about the Future

I've been working in this new company for a few monthes now. Yet still can't figure out the target reader of the magazine, which gave me a lot of stress. I have never faced this kind of stress before. For a long time, I can always do my job with confidence, but not this one. This job is in the field that I've never done before. I feel anxious with every word I write, every topic I choose. This feeling is new to me and I don't like it. Damn, how I wish this feeling can be gone sooner.

I work as a technical writer in a computer magazine right now. And I used to work as a bilingual editor for an English learning magazine. There are so much difference between this two jobs. The only thing in common is that I like them equally. As a teechnical writer, I have to read and write about a lot of technology news and skills, which I haven't leant before. I've always wondering that if what I wrote is correct and if the things I wrote can match the taste of the target reader.

This is not a easy job, and this feeling may never be gone after all. All I can do is keep working hard and try to forget this feeling.

No comments: